Proper dance attire is important in enhancing a productive learning environment in dance class. Students feel more like dancers, and are less distracted, when they are dressed appropriately. Please adhere to the dress code as described. Students should enter the studio in their dancewear. No street clothes or shoes are allowed in the studio. Only proper dance warm-ups (leg-warmers, dance sweaters, etc.) should be worn.
For female ballet & jazz students:
- Pink tights (tan are ok for jazz)
- Ballet slippers for ballet, jazz shoes for jazz
- Hair must be pulled back in a bun– no ponytails.
Short hair must be held back off the face with a
barrette. Dancers are distracted when their hair
is not appropriate for class.
- No jewelry for class except post earrings, please.
For male ballet students:
- Black or white ballet slippers
For modern classes:
• Solid colored leotard
• Footless tights
• Hair in a braid or secured to head
• Leggings are ok, but dance wear is
• Leggings and tank top or t-shirt for girls
• Hair in a braid or secured to head (no
loose pony tails)
• Short or sweatpants and t-shirt for boys
Photographs courtesy of Chesler Photography